Image Map

My Weekly Book Haul: 26/04/2014

STSmall
Friday Finds is something that was started over on ShouldBeReading and Stacking the Shelves over at TyngaReviews, I am in love with all of these as I love finding other blogs to follow and books to read through these! So check them all out and see what you find, Stacking the Shelves has a lot of participants as well which is great. This is basically a way for me to show what books I have received, borrowed or bought each week. All book covers and their summary come from back of book or Goodreads.
http://shouldbereading.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/fridayfinds_bringontheink.png


I reached another blogging milestone this week, I received my first ever physical review copy from a publisher, which blew my mind! Bloomsbury had offered to put me on a blogger mailing list and I had accepted, but didn't really know what to expect. A few weeks later and I received a finished copy (which is even more awesome!) of Goddess and I squealed because I wasn't expecting to actually receive anything.
My caterpillars have gotten absolutely huge and I can't wait for them to become butterflies. Our work set ha all emerged as butterflies and it was amazing to see. We will be releasing them in a few days and I'm very excited. 
After today, I am off work for almost a whole week and I can't wait! Hopefully I will be able to make some time to just sit down and blog. I would really love to plan some posts in advance. I would also love to find some time to just dedicate a whole day to reading. I've been struggling lately to find the time to just sit down and read lately and it makes me sad. 
I almost forgot to mention the fact that I got TWO new bookcases! TWO!!! I was unbelievably excited and have spent days trying to decide how to organise them. The two in me bedroom are done, one is mainly DVDs and the other is books and for the first time in forever I can have books standing upright. I still have to have books stacked up behind them, but it's progress! 




To All the Boys I've Loved BeforeWhat if all the crushes you ever had found out how you felt about them... all at once?
Lara Jean Song keeps her love letters in a hatbox her mother gave her. They aren't love letters that anyone else wrote for her; these are ones she's written. One for every boy she's ever loved—five in all. When she writes, she pours out her heart and soul and says all the things she would never say in real life, because her letters are for her eyes only. Until the day her secret letters are mailed, and suddenly, Lara Jean's love life goes from imaginary to out of control.
My preorder finally came this week, and I almost died of happiness! I am trying to power my way through Nantucket Red so I can get to it, but partly want to give up on NR altogether. 



The Fault In Our Stars by John Green

Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.

I KNOW, I KNOW!!! I HAVE A PROBLEM! I have once again bought another edition of a book I already own but, in my defence, the movie tie in edition is AWESOME! 

Grasshopper JungleGrasshopper Jungle by Andrew Smith

In the small town of Ealing, Iowa, Austin and his best friend Robby have accidentally unleashed an unstoppable army. An army of horny, hungry, six-foot-tall praying mantises that only want to do two things. This is the truth. This is history. It's the end of the world. And nobody knows anything about it.
Funny, intense, complex and brave, Grasshopper Jungle is a groundbreaking, genre-bending, coming-of-age stunner.

This one looks really interesting, very excited to see what I make of it. 




Where the Stars Still Shine
Stolen as a child from her large and loving family, and on the run with her mom for more than ten years, Callie has only the barest idea of what normal life might be like. She's never had a home, never gone to school, and has gotten most of her meals from laundromat vending machines. Her dreams are haunted by memories she’d like to forget completely. But when Callie’s mom is finally arrested for kidnapping her, and Callie’s real dad whisks her back to what would have been her life, in a small town in Florida, Callie must find a way to leave the past behind. She must learn to be part of a family. And she must believe that love--even with someone who seems an improbable choice--is more than just a possibility.

This just has the most wonderful cover and I have seen some A-mazing reviews. But I literally had no idea what this was about before I got the synopsis off Goodreads. And now, OMG, I need to read this.

Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2) The Assassin's Blade (Throne of Glass, #0.1-0.5)

Meet Celaena Sardothien.
Beautiful. Deadly. Destined for greatness.

In the dark, filthy salt mines of Endovier, an eighteen-year-old girl is serving a life sentence. She is a trained assassin, the best of her kind, but she made a fatal mistake: she got caught.
Young Captain Westfall offers her a deal: her freedom in return for one huge sacrifice. Celaena must represent the prince in a to-the-death tournament—fighting the most gifted thieves and assassins in the land. Live or die, Celaena will be free. Win or lose, she is about to discover her true destiny. But will her assassin’s heart be melted?

Have heard such wonderful things about this series, hope to get to these soon. Although the 'Hotter than The Hunger Games' sticker on the book bothers me. 


Don't Look Back by Jennifer Armentrout
Don't Look Back
What if you had the chance to start again...but only if you promised never to look back? Samantha is popular, rich, and seemed to have it all...until the night she and her best 'frenemy' Cassie disappeared and only Sammy resurfaced, with no recollection of who she is or what happened. Sammy's a stranger in her own life - a life she no longer wants any part of. Losing her memory is a chance to start again. Then Sammy begins receiving mysterious notes warning her about that night, urging her to not look back. But she can't let it go. As she starts poking around in her past she begins to remember...and something sinister begins to surface.

I got a review e-ARC of this and was excited to start it, until it refused to go on my Kindle. Very happy to finally get a copy of this! 


Breaking Beautiful by Jennifer Shaw Wolf

Breaking BeautifulAllie lost everything the night her boyfriend, Trip, died in a horrible car accident-including her memory of the event. She doesn't remember driving on the cliff road. She doesn't recall jumping from the truck just before Trip lost control. As their small town mourns his death, Allie is afraid to remember because doing so means delving into what she's kept hidden for so long, the horrible reality of their abusive relationship. When the police reopen the investigation, it quickly turns on Allie and her best friend, Blake, especially as their budding romance raises eyebrows around town. As the threats begin and the survivor's guilt takes over, Allie knows she must tell the truth. Can she reach deep enough to remember that night so she can finally break free?
Fans of dark contemporary stories will feel right at home in the hands of debut writer Jennifer Shaw Wolf as she takes them on an emotional ride through the murky waters of love, shame, and ultimately, forgiveness.


What Happens Next by Colleen Clayton

What Happens NextHow can you talk about something you can’t remember?
Before the ski trip, sixteen-year-old Cassidy “Sid” Murphy was a cheerleader (at the bottom of the pyramid, but still...), a straight-A student, and a member of a solid trio of best friends. When she ends up on a ski lift next to handsome local college boy, Dax Windsor, she’s thrilled; but Dax takes everything from Sid—including a lock of her perfect red curls—and she can’t remember any of it.
Back home and unable to relate to her old friends, Sid drops her college prep classes and takes up residence in the A/V room with only Corey “The Living Stoner” Livingston for company. But as she gets to know Corey (slacker, baker, total dreamboat), Sid finds someone who truly makes her happy. Now, if she can just shake the nightmares and those few extra pounds, everything will be perfect... or so she thinks.




GoddessGoddess by Laura Powell

Strikes. Starvation. Riots. Britain is at breaking-point and Aura is blind to it all. The Cult of Artemis is the only home she’s ever known. Enclosed in its luxury lifestyle, the unrest gripping the country seems to belong to a distant world. Her dream is to serve the Goddess and taking a vow of chastity and obedience seems a small price to pay. But days before Aura is due to be initiated as a Priestess, she meets Aiden, the rebellious son of a cult insider, whose radical ideas and unsettling charm force Aura to question everything – and everyone – she knows.

This is my first ever physical review book! (Thanks Bloomsbury) I was expecting an uncorrected proof, so it was a nice surprise to get a finished copy of the book.


Wildlife by Fiona Wood

WildlifeDuring a semester in the wilderness, sixteen-year-old Sib expects the tough outdoor education program and the horrors of dorm life, but friendship drama and an unexpected romance with popular Ben Capaldi? That will take some navigating.
New girl Lou has zero interest in fitting in, or joining in. Still reeling from a loss that occurred almost a year ago, she just wants to be left alone. But as she witnesses a betrayal unfolding around Sib and her best friend Holly, Lou can't help but be drawn back into the land of the living.
Fans of Melina Marchetta, Rainbow Rowell, and E. Lockhart will adore this endearing and poignant story of first love, true friendship, and going a little bit wild.

This one sounds really interesting and I really like the cover. 





And my giveaway to celebrate reaching 850 Bloglovin' followers!






Storm by Brigid Kemmerer: DNF Review
Nantucket Blue by Leila Howland: 4/5 Review 
Films for Thoughts on Thursday: The Bling Ring
Five Friday Favourites: Books I Received As Gifts
F&F Friday: Meet the Pets!

56 comments:

  1. That's so exciting. I've never been on a publishers mailing list. Didn't know there was such a thing. Hopefully you enjoy the books they send you. :)
    Kristin @ Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  2. throne of glass is amazing! I hope you'll love it! And you're right, the movie tie-in for the TFiOS is pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to get another bookcase for my room as I need the book storage space but having 7 in there already, I don't have space! I had to choose between my wardrobe and a huge IKEA bookcase two years ago and the bookcase won...Enjoy your books and have fun arranging everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have four now, but seven would be AMAZING! I have to stack my books up in piles behind the nice lined up ones at the front. It sucks!

      Delete
  4. Gah, I need to borrow Wildlife out from the library again. I read half and it kind of wandered back to the library (as books do) but I feel bad for not finishing it! It wasn't that bad (maybe just a little slow?!) Have you read Six Impossible Things?! LOVE that one! x) And argh, Godess. *painful headdesk* But dude, I'm probably in the minority for that one, so have fun! But OMG I HOPE YOU LIKE THRONE OF GLASS. I absolutely adore those books (completely different to The Hunger Games, though...seriously, why do they put those kind of stickers on books?! It's kind of disconcerting instead of appealing). And I told Mime she HAD to read them (and she doesn't like fantasy) and I have never seen her hyperventilate and fangirl so hard. Score. x) So yes, I absolutely adore Throne of Glass and sequels! I'm reading The Assassin's Blade right now! x)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard of Six Impossible Things, I will have to look it up. I will prepare myself for Wildlife then if it is slow, I struggle a lot with slow books. You might not be in the minority with Goddess, I've seen some really bad reviews but I am willing to give it a go. Would just feel really terrible if I had to give that one a negative review.

      I have seen the love for Throne of Glass on your blog so I am very excited to start those. Even though I struggle to pronounce the names of the characters mentioned on the back or in reviews I have seen lol.

      Delete
  5. HOORRAY for new bookcases!!! <33 I really need a new one too :c
    So many good books! I hope you enjoy Throne of Glass! It's sooo goood!! And congrats to another blogging milestone! AHHHH Receiving physical review copies is a thrilling gift for us bloggers! I hope you get more in the future! (I wish I can too)

    Happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think book bloggers can ever have enough bookcases lol. I can't wait to read Throne of Glass, I have heard so many amazing things. I know, I wasn't expecting to actually receive anything so that was a nice surprise.

      Delete
  6. Great haul! I really want to try the Throne of Glass series and as we have such similar tastes I can't wait to hear what you think about it. LOVE your new bookcases!! I'm waiting on my dad to design and build mine already - tempted to just run to Ikea and buy them!! I hadn't thought of stacking books behind rows - amazing idea for the ones you don't reach for very often, and it would keep the row at the front nice and tidy too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really excited to read Throne of Glass, I've heard so many amazing things. I have always had to stack them, now I can at least have a row in front of all the stacked ones! It looks a lot nicer now and I am still using all of the space.

      Delete
  7. Read Don't Look Back like, now. It's so good, I'm so glad you can finally read it! Also, I've finally found Throne of Glass in a library close by, so I'll definitely be trying that series myself as well. Also, I hope you enjoy To All the Boys, I've heard fantastic things about it and would really want to read it myself :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely get to it soon, I have quite a hefty TBR list atm. I am really hoping to enjoy Throne of Glass, have heard A TON of amazing things about that one.

      Delete
  8. Congrats on getting your first physical review copy! That's such a milestone! You've got an AMAZING haul tis week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. John's Green's book is one that I really want to take the time to read bad! Great reading moments are surely ahead for you! Deitre @ A Leisure Moment

    http://tinyurl.com/STSALeisureMoment

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such lovelies! I seriously LOVED To All The Boys I've Loved Before - and I'm not even a contemporary fan! It was amazing. Throne of Glass and Crown of Midnight are pretty great! I definitely want to catch Heir of Fire. I hope you enjoy all of your books!

    Have a fabulous weekend!

    Check out my STS post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ADORED IT TOO!!! I read it in practically one sitting :)

      Delete
  11. nice haul of books. Throne of Glass and crown of midnight were amazing books. I hope you enjoy every book you got this week.

    Grace
    Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay, congrats on your new bookshelf, that always makes me happy when I hear about it! Congrats on joining the Bloomsbury list, that must be such a big achievement. I've heard great things about To All the boys I've ever loved, I hope you enjoy that book and the others.

    Jeann @ Happy Indulgence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was, I wasn't expecting it at all but it was super lovely of them. Now I just hope I love the books they send me, I'd be sad if I didn't. To All The Boys was amazing, I adored it!

      Delete
  13. Congratulations on your blogging milestone. I like your new bookshelves too. I've run out of places to put bookshelves and have to be very selective about what I keep these days. Come see what I got this week at Ms. Martin Teaches Media and Inside of a Dog. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I had to buy more because I was fed up of having so many books in storage. Getting them out has made me realise I need to really think about getting rid of the ones I have no desire to actually read.

      Delete
  14. Putting hotter than the HG on the cover seems strange to me too. I don't know why every book has to compare. I haven't read Throne of Glass, but have heard a lot about it. The two series aren't even the same genre, why the whole apples to oranges bit? Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's not at all like it as far as I know. I hate when they not only compare books but proclaim to be better than another book.

      Delete
  15. Very exciting to get a physical review copy! I absolutely loved To All the Boys I've Loved Before. And Throne of Glass and Crown of Midnight…they are so good!!!! I also loved Don't Look Back and What Happens Next. Have fun reading!! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, it was really amazing and I can't wait for the sequel now. Thanks :)

      Delete
  16. awesome! Surprise books are always fun! ;)

    I hope you enjoy all of your books

    My Weekly Wrap Up Post

    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have two books that I'm dying to get my hands on. The Forever Song by Julie Kagawa and Dark Triumph by Robin Lafever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to hurry up and start the Blood of Eden series, have heard amazing things.

      Delete
  18. You are going to love The Fault In Our Stars! Nice haul! I really want to read grasshopper jungle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read it ages ago, just really wanted the movie cover too :)

      Delete
  19. I love the cover on that edition of TFIOS. I really want to see the movie, but after reading the book I don't think I should watch it in public. I may have to wait for the DVD.

    I hope you enjoy all of your new books!! Thanks for stopping by my STS :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know exactly what you mean, I am clearly going to sob like a baby but I don't even care!

      Delete
  20. Amazing haul! I have Don't Look Back, but I haven't read it yet. The Throne of Glass books are incredible! I was thinking on getting TFiOS movie edition too, I guess great minds think alike :}

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, that cover is too gorgeous not to buy! I'm excited for Don't Look Back, have seen some really great reviews.

      Delete
  21. Wow I don't even know where to start with your books! I really can't wait to read Don't Look Back. Enjoy your new reads!

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow so many great books here! I heard great things about the Maas series and I have it but I still need to read it now. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yeah, I really need to read The Fault in Our Stars. I just don't want to cry!!! Great haul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit to not crying when I read it, but the movie will probably make me cry like a baby.

      Delete
  24. Fantastic haul! I really enjoyed Don't Look Back.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nice haul! The Maas books are favorites of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm real excited to read that series, have heard amazing things.

      Delete
  26. I love the movie cover of TFiOS, too. I will also be picking it up at some point. :)
    So many of my favourite books. Throne of Glass series is just pure brilliance. I hope you love it as much as me.
    I read Don't Look Back this month and it's fantastic. Got all three S's; Suspense, secrets and swoon. <3
    Have a great week!
    My SS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, you have to give in and get them when they are that beautiful! I am extremely excited for Throne of Glass after hearing so many amazing things. I have heard such good things about Don't Look Back too, hope to get to that one very soon.

      Delete
  27. I do love getting finished copies too! It's nice since it's easier to keep them (prettier on the shelf) or donate them without worrying that they'll be sold! Enjoy Goddess :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I was not expecting a finished one at all but it's nice to have! :)

      Delete
  28. I KNOW, I KNOW!!! I HAVE A PROBLEM! I have once again bought another edition of a book I already own but, in my defence, the movie tie in edition is AWESOME!

    Ha, I do this too! I hope you enjoy all the new books.

    ReplyDelete
  29. The Throne of Glass series is really good so enjoy reading it! :D I still have a few more of the novellas to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to that one, have heard amazing things.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, it always makes my day! Because of time restraints, this is now an award free zone but thanks so much for considering me! Feel free to leave a link to your own blog and I will come visit.