Image Map

My Weekly Book Haul: London Book Fair Edition

STSmall
Friday Finds is something that was started over on ShouldBeReading and Stacking the Shelves over at TyngaReviews, I am in love with all of these as I love finding other blogs to follow and books to read through these! So check them all out and see what you find, Stacking the Shelves has a lot of participants as well which is great. This is basically a way for me to show what books I have received, borrowed or bought each week. All book covers and their summary come from back of book or Goodreads.


I had a super, amazing, ridiculously awesome week. I went to London Book Fair. It was absolutely incredible and I am so happy that I decided to go. It was completely overwhelming to be surrounded by so many people and publishers, especially because I was on my own. I will be posting a post or posts on it as I have lots to talk about. I actually met some bloggers and built up the courage to say hi - I am socially inept so that is totally a big deal. I talked to some publishers and got some amazing free books from Strange Chemistry. I got to go to so many amazing seminars and I can't wait to write a blog post on them, keep an eye out for that.




Look at how pretty they are... I HAVE THREE!!!!
I was not expecting to get any book from LBF, especially since it is more of an industry event for people who work in publishing. But after I started talking to Ula at Blog of Erised and Leah at Uncorked Thoughts, we went to the Angry Robot and Strange Chemistry booth and started talking to Marc Gascoigne. He's an author, editor and now publisher at Angry Robot. He was ridiculously lovely, talkative and passionate about Angry Robot/Strange Chemistry and all their books and it was really contagious. He basically offered us the chance to take any books that we wanted from the collection of books they had there. That is how I got all of these amazing books and I can't wait to read them. 

Blackwood by Gwenda Bond
Blackwood. Gwenda BondOn Roanoke Island, the legend of the 114 people who mysteriously vanished from the Lost Colony hundreds of years ago is just an outdoor drama for the tourists, a story people tell. But when the island faces the sudden disappearance of 114 people now, an unlikely pair of 17-year-olds may be the only hope of bringing them back.
Miranda, a misfit girl from the island’s most infamous family, and Phillips, an exiled teen criminal who hears the voices of the dead, must dodge everyone from federal agents to long-dead alchemists as they work to uncover the secrets of the new Lost Colony. The one thing they can’t dodge is each other.
Blackwood is a dark, witty coming of age story that combines America’s oldest mystery with a thoroughly contemporary romance.


SkulkSkulk by Rosie Best

When Meg witnesses the dying moments of a shapeshifting fox and is given a beautiful and powerful stone, her life changes forever. She is plunged into the dark world of the Skulk, a group of shapeshifting foxes.
As she learns about the other groups of shapeshifters that lurk around London – the Rabble, the Horde, the Cluster and the Conspiracy – she becomes aware of a deadly threat against all the shapeshifters. They must put aside all their enmity and hostility and fight together to defeat it.



The Almost Girl (Riven)The Almost Girl by Amalie Howard

Seventeen-year-old Riven is as tough as they come. Coming from a world ravaged by a devastating android war, she has to be. There’s no room for softness, no room for emotion, no room for mistakes. A Legion General, she is the right hand of the young Prince of Neospes, a parallel universe to Earth. In Neospes, she has everything: rank, responsibility and respect. But when Prince Cale sends her away to find his long-lost brother, Caden, who has been spirited back to modern day Earth, Riven finds herself in uncharted territory.
Thrown out of her comfort zone but with the mindset of a soldier, Riven has to learn how to be a girl in a realm that is the opposite of what she knows. Riven isn’t prepared for the beauty of a world that is unlike her own in so many ways. Nor is she prepared to feel something more than indifference for the very target she seeks. Caden is nothing like Cale, but he makes something in her come alive, igniting a spark deep down that goes against every cell in her body. For the first time in her life, Riven isn’t sure about her purpose, about her calling. Torn between duty and desire, she must decide whether Caden is simply a target or whether he is something more.
Faced with hideous reanimated Vector soldiers from her own world with agendas of their own, as well as an unexpected reunion with a sister who despises her, it is a race against time to bring Caden back to Neospes. But things aren’t always as they seem, and Riven will have to search for truth. Family betrayals and royal coups are only the tip of the iceberg. Will Riven be able to find the strength to defy her very nature? Or will she become the monstrous soldier she was designed to be?


Three (Legends of the Duskwalker #1)Three by Jay Posey

The world has collapsed, and there are no heroes any more.
His name is Three, a travelling gun for hire in a dying world. He was no allegiances, no family, no ties.
Against his better judgement, he accepts the mantle of protector to a sick woman on the run, and her young son. Together they set out across the plains in search of a mythic oasis, attempting to survive the forces that pursue them, and the creatures of the dark.
In these dark times, a hero may yet arise. 





BirdBird by Crystal Chan

A girl, who was born on the day her brother Bird died, has grown up in a house of silence and secrets; when she meets John, a mysterious new boy in her rural Iowan town, and those secrets start to come out

Have seen a lot of great reviews for this one, very excited to read it. I bought it because Cait's review over at Notebook Sisters completely convinced me.




Maybe One DayMaybe One Day by Melissa Kantor

Zoe and her best friend, Olivia, have always had big plans for the future, none of which included Olivia getting sick. Still, Zoe is determined to put on a brave face and be positive for her friend.
Even when she isn't sure what to say.
Even when Olivia misses months of school.
Even when Zoe starts falling for Calvin, Olivia's crush.
The one thing that keeps Zoe moving forward is knowing that Olivia will beat this, and everything will go back to the way it was before. It has to. Because the alternative is too terrifying for her to even imagine.

I have the ugly UK cover, so forgive me for posting the US one instead but I had to. 

Far From YouFar From You by Tess Sharpe

Nine months. Two weeks. Six days.
That's how long recovering addict Sophie's been drug-free. Four months ago her best friend, Mina, died in what everyone believes was a drug deal gone wrong - a deal they think Sophie set up. Only Sophie knows the truth. She and Mina shared a secret, but there was no drug deal. Mina was deliberately murdered.
Forced into rehab for an addiction she'd already beaten, Sophie's finally out and on the trail of the killer - but can she track them down before they come for her?

This, like the two above, is an ARC copy that was sold at this amazing charity shop I love in London. I was tempted to not pick it up and buy the finished paperback. But I read the eARC and loved it and so I am more than happy to have an ARC copy instead, especially at one £3.00.



Deeper (Caroline and West)Deeper by Robin York

When Caroline Piasecki's ex-boyfriend posts their sex pictures on the Internet, it destroys her reputation as a nice college girl. Suddenly her once-promising future doesn't look so bright. Caroline tries to make the pictures disappear; hoping time will bury her shame. Then a guy she barely knows rises to her defence and punches her ex to the ground. 
West Leavitt is the last person Caroline needs in her life. Everyone knows he's shady. Still, Caroline is drawn to his confidence and swagger - even after promising her dad she'll keep her distance. On late, sleepless nights, Caroline starts wandering into the bakery where West works. 
They hang out, they talk, they listen. Though Caroline and West tell each other they're 'just friends,' their feelings intensify until it becomes impossible to pretend. The more complicated her relationship with West gets, the harder Caroline has to struggle to discover what she wants for herself - and the easier it becomes to find the courage she needs to fight back against the people who would judge her. 
When all seems lost, sometimes the only place to go is deeper.


VengeanceVengeance by Megan Miranda (Fracture #2)

Falcon Lake wants vengeance. And so, it seems, does someone else . . . An intense, heart-rending psychological thriller to accompany the chilling and seductive Fracture
When Decker drags his best friend Delaney’s lifeless body out of the frozen lake, he makes a deal: Anyone but her. Everyone but her. The lake releases her. It takes another . . .
All their friends blame Delaney for Carson’s death. But Decker knows the truth: Delaney is drawn to those who are dying, and she would have tried to help Carson.
Or so Decker believes until a body lies in front of him in a pool of water on his kitchen floor. Until he sees in Delaney’s eyes that she knew this would happen too – and she said nothing. Until he realises it isn’t the lake that is looking for revenge – Delaney is part of someone else’s plan.

I read and remember enjoying the first book and so I was intrigued by this. But, after reading the blurb, I kind of realise I remember nothing about the first book. Might have to return this one. 


The End of the World as We Know ItThe End of the World as We Know It by Iva-Marie Palmer

They wanted to party like it was their last night on earth. They just might get their wish….
Meet the four most unlikely heroes ever:
Teena McAuley: Queen Bee, first-class problem solver, resident heartbreaker.
Leo Starnick: UFO conspirator, pizza delivery boy, all-around slacker.
Evan Brighton: Baseball all-star, extreme virgin, Teena-worshipper.
Sarabeth Lewis: Straight-A student, weekend hermit, enemy of the color pink.
When Teena locks Leo, Evan, and Sarabeth in the basement during her biggest party of the year, she doesn’t plan on getting trapped in the Loser Dungeon herself. She can barely imagine a night with these dweebs—let alone a lifetime. But when an alien invasion destroys their entire Midwestern suburb, it looks like these unlikely friends are the last people on earth. Now, it’s up to them to save the world…


The Secret Diamond Sisters (The Secret Diamond Sisters, #1)The Secret Diamond Sisters by Michelle Meadow

Three sisters. Big secrets. Get ready to meet...
SAVANNAH. COURTNEY. PEYTON.
The three sisters grew up never knowing their father and never quite catching a break. But it looks like their luck is about to change when they find out the secret identity of their long-last dad—a billionaire Las Vegas hotel owner who wants them to come live in a gorgeous penthouse hotel suite. Suddenly the Strip’s most exclusive clubs are all-access, and with an unlimited credit card each, it should be easier than ever to fit right in. But in a town full of secrets and illusion, fitting in is nothing compared to finding out the truth about their past--and holding on to the most important thing of all, sisterhood.
THE SECRET DIAMOND SISTERS
Some secrets grow too big to keep.


Ruby Red (The Ruby Red Trilogy, #1)Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier

lthough I had never seen him before, I recognized him immediately. I'd have known his voice anywhere. This was the guy I'd seen on my last journey back in time.
Or more precisely, the one who'd kissed my doppelganger while I was hiding behind the curtain in disbelief.

Sixteen-year-old Gwen lives with her extended - and rather eccentric - family in an exclusive London neighborhood. In spite of her ancestors' peculiar history, she's had a relatively normal life so far. The time-traveling gene that runs like a secret thread through the female half of the family is supposed to have skipped over Gwen, so she hasn't been introduced to "the mysteries," and can spend her time hanging out with her best friend, Lesly. It comes as an unwelcome surprise when she starts taking sudden, uncontrolled leaps into the past.
She's totally unprepared for time travel, not to mention all that comes with it: fancy clothes, archaic manners, a mysterious secret society, and Gideon, her time-traveling counterpart. He's obnoxious, a know-it-all, and possibly the best-looking guy she's seen in any centrury . . . 

Was beyond excited to go on relief and find this at the library I was working at. Have heard so many amazing things, very excited.



Dead Girls Don't LieDead Girls Don't Lie by Jennifer Shaw Wolf

Rachel died at two a.m . . . Three hours after Skyler kissed me for the first time. Forty-five minutes after she sent me her last text. 
Jaycee and Rachel were best friends. But that was before. . .before that terrible night at the old house. Before Rachel shut Jaycee out. Before Jaycee chose Skyler over Rachel. Then Rachel is found dead. The police blame a growing gang problem in their small town, but Jaycee is sure it has to do with that night at the old house. Rachel’s text is the first clue—starting Jaycee on a search that leads to a shocking secret. Rachel’s death was no random crime, and Jaycee must figure out who to trust before she can expose the truth. 
In the follow-up to her powerful debut, Jennifer Shaw Wolf keeps readers on their toes in another dark, romantic story of murder and secrets.




Don't Look BackDon't Look Back by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Samantha is a stranger in her own life. Until the night she disappeared with her best friend, Cassie, everyone said Sam had it all-popularity, wealth, and a dream boyfriend. 
Sam has resurfaced, but she has no recollection of who she was or what happened to her that night. As she tries to piece together her life from before, she realizes it's one she no longer wants any part of. The old Sam took "mean girl" to a whole new level, and it's clear she and Cassie were more like best enemies. Sam is pretty sure that losing her memories is like winning the lottery. She's getting a second chance at being a better daughter, sister, and friend, and she's falling hard for Carson Ortiz, a boy who has always looked out for her-even if the old Sam treated him like trash. 
But Cassie is still missing, and the facts about what happened to her that night isn't just buried deep inside of Sam's memory-someone else knows, someone who wants to make sure Sam stays quiet. All Sam wants is the truth, and if she can unlock her clouded memories of that fateful night, she can finally move on. But what if not remembering is the only thing keeping Sam alive?

Very excite to read this one. I might have a JLA binge soon; have about 5 of her books to read at the moment.


Storm (Elemental, #1)Storm by Brigid Kemmerer 

Secrets are hard to keep when your life's at stake.
Becca Chandler is suddenly getting all the guys; all the ones she doesn't want. When she saves Chris Merrick from a beating in the school parking lot, everything is about to change. Chris is different from the guys at school... really different. He can control water just like his brothers can control fire, wind, and earth. The brothers are powerful and dangerous. And now that Becca knows the truth, so is she.
When the mysterious new kid, Hunter, turns up, Becca thinks she can trust him. But when he goes head-to-head with Chris, Becca's left wondering who's hiding the most dangerous truth of all.

I've heard good things about this series, excited to get accepted for the UK edition.




And my giveaway to celebrate reaching 850 Bloglovin' followers!





Far From You by Tess Sharpe: 4.5/5 Review
Top Ten Tuesday: Most Unique Books I've Read
Ashfall by Mike Mullin: 2.5/5 Review
Films for Thoughts on Thursday: Divergent

146 comments:

  1. Nice Haul. Some interesting titles there. I read Storm a while back and quite enjoyed it. Hope you like it along with all your other books.

    My STS @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a huge haul! I haven't heard of quite a few of them, but Blackwood and Three both sound great. I wasn't a huge fan of Ruby Red when I read it, but I know that loads of people loved it so I hope you like it. Enjoy your books!

    Elen @ A World of Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to all of these, I love the cover for Ruby Red. Really hope I end up loving it :)

      Delete
  3. I really like the look of Skulk-I love foxes and we hand feed a few in our garden! Might have to add this to wishlist! Three and Storm sound intriguing as well. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I got nice foxes in my garden to hand feed, I think they are beautiful.

      Delete
  4. Great reads! I love seeing what international editions of books l look like (being from the US myself) but I have to admit, I do love the US edition of Maybe One Day above all others. ;) A lovely haul you have there, and some interesting things going on here on your blog! Don't mind if I take a look around... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The US one is a lot better for that, the one I got was really ugly. Thanks so much, glad you like it :)

      Delete
  5. Strange Chemistry peeps are wonderful Every time I asked for a book, they delivered. And they do have wonderful, talented authors.

    I recently reviewed Maybe One Day and the book was great. So emotional.

    My StS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, they are so unbelievably lovely. Happy to hear good things about that one, excited to read it.

      Delete
  6. Awesome haul - so many beautiful books!
    Maybe One Day is one I definitely need to read soon. Also Far From You....
    Have a good weekend and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bird is sooo good. And honestly?! A BOOK FAIR. I am so stinkin' jealous!! x) lol I'm glad you got to go, and aren't those Strange Chemistry covers gorgeous??!! *drools quietly*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They look so pretty sitting on my shelves! The book fair was brilliant, will definitely be going next year.

      Delete
  8. OOOh nice! I still need to read Ruby Red myself! Wayyyy back when it first came out, I won a copy. Just haven't managed to read it yet! Can't wait to read Don't Look Back next week! Soooo ready for a JLA thriller!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Haul. Ruby Red sounds really good and I'd love to get my hands on a copy of Don't Look Back.

    It's been a boring week for me - no new books, but that's ok because life has been busy.

    Happy Reading!

    Emily @ Follow the Yellow Book Road

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh oh oh, this is so exciting! You sound like you had a lot of fun hunny, I'm so sad I live so up up North and have no moneys.. Anyway, to the books! I'm so glad you have Deeper, I have it to, we could read it together if you want? I'm also so jealous you've got Far From You, it looks and sounds amazing, I wish I'd gotten an ARC of it. Don't Look Back, well, I loved it as you know, so damn I hope you do too, so almost perfect it's unreal! Bird sounds wonderful, I'd never noticed before, but I have now, so there's another to add to my tbr list, dang it. Great collection! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely a lot of fun at times, but at others it was pretty overwhelming. Deeper looks quite interesting, it would be fun to read it along with you. They had more arcs there, I should have bought you one and shipped it down - it wasn't even that expensive.

      I can't wait to read Don't look back, it looks amazing!

      Delete
  11. I'm so jealous of Far From You and Don't Look Back! Have a great weekend and have fun reading all these! :D
    Stacking the Shelves
    Dress Up That Cover #3 - Every Day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't Look Back looks really great, I am very excited. Far From You is amazing, I definitely recommend that one. :)

      Delete
  12. Ooo, Blackwood! I have not read that one, but I'm interested in it! I LOVE the Ruby Red series - it is seriously one of my favorite series of all time. Don't Look Back, Storm, and The Secret Diamond Sisters are all very different but very well-written, amazing books! And I'm curious as to what you think of Far From You - I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it.

    Have a fabulous weekend!

    Check out my STS post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard such great things about Ruby Red, very excited for that one. I really ended up loving Far From You, I thought it was an amazing read in my opinion. It wasn't what I was expecting at all. :)

      Delete
  13. Ooh, so many books! I read Blackwood a while ago and really enjoyed it, it's a really unique book. Happy reading and have a great weekend!

    Under The Mountain's STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to hear that, have never seen any reviews for Blackwood before.

      Delete
  14. Great haul!! :) The Almost Girl sounds like something that I could pick up in the near future - I love badass heroines! Happy reading and have a great weekend! Thanks for stopping by at my blog as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for stopping by my STS! I can't wait to read Don't Look Back. Wonderful haul!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know about the books you had but I haven't read any I confess. I hope you'll like them all. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Even though I haven't heard about it before, Bird sounds like a pretty goodread. Adding it to my to-read list. Ruby Red is another one that looks great. I would love to read Don't Look Back. I love JLA's books! And Storm by Brigid Kemmerer is excellent. I love that series. I've read everything so far!

    Happy Reading!

    ~Stephanie @ Bookfever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't Look Back looks great, very excited for that one. Happy to hear good things about Storm.

      Delete
  18. I love Angry Robot -- I won a competition and spend a day at their office back in October or so, and they were great to me. Three is great, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to hear Three is good. Angry Robot are wonderful, they were so lovely.

      Delete
  19. Wow! What a great haul!

    I personally LOVED Maybe One Day, so I'm really excited to see what you think of it! I haven't read any of these other books yet, but I've heard a fair amount of reviews about them and I'll definitely pick them up if you end up enjoying them!

    Thanks so much for sharing, and, as always, GREAT haul! <3

    ~ Zoe @ The Infinite To-Read Shelf

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've been meaning to pick up Ruby Red because so many people told me I had to read it. I'm interested to hear what others think about Don't Look Back. And yay for book fairs! Happy reading!

    Thanks for visiting my haul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't Look Back does look really good, I am very excited to read it.

      Delete
  21. Nice haul! Enjoy reading them!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You have some interesting books. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  24. The London Book Fair sounds amazing! And I hope you LOVE Bird, it is a beautiful book!

    Mands @ The Bookish Manicurist

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ooh, awesome haul! Great books you got from LBF! That was so cool of them to give you all them books! I hope you enjoy them! :)

    Did you change your design? It looks different! I like the butterfly feel to it! :)

    Thanks for stopping by Addicted Readers! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I was not expecting free books at all! So excited to read them all :) I did change it, I changed the background colour and another blogger helped me design all the butterfly bits :)

      Delete
  26. I haven't read any of these, which is crazy! Our reviewers have really liked Maybe One Day and Ruby Red though! If you haven't read them already, I hope you enjoy! Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read them yet, very excited too though. Happy reading to you too! :)

      Delete
  27. Wow such a great haul! I want to go to a book event so badly, and I hope to make one this year! There are so many amazing books in this haul, but Blackwood sounds incredible!! It's awesome that they let you have the books for free! Bird sounds great as well, and I cannot wait to get my hands on Dead Girls Don't Lie. I didn't like the Secret Diamond Sisters, but maybe you will! Happy reading! :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The US seems to have so many amazing book events, especially aimed at readers. We only really have industry ones, which kind of sucks. I know, I was not expecting free books at all. Thanks, you too :)

      Delete
  28. How exciting that you went to the London Book Fair! I'd love to go one day, as London and books are two of my favorite things! Looking forward to hearing all about it.

    Great haul! Blackwood sounds like an amazing read, so looking forward to your review! Don't Look Back sounds good too. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. London Book Fair was great, not what I was expecting at all but still really good.

      Delete
  29. I'm glad you had such a good time at the London Book Fair. It sounds so awesome. Angry Robot/Strange Chemistry have been putting out some really interesting titles. That's great you got to talk to somebody from there and snag some awesome looking books. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed Far From You. I have the e-arc of that one, as well, but haven't gotten to it yet. I'm also excited to read Don't Look Back. Great haul this week! Happy reading!

    P.S. I'm loving your new design. I meant to tell you that the last time I was here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really a lot of fun, and Angry Robot/Strange Chemistry were so nice. Their new titles looked amazing too. I really, really enjoyed Far From You; hopefully you do too. Thanks so much, glad people like it.

      Delete
  30. Such a huge haul!! And that cover of Deeper by Robin York - I've never seen that cover before! I'm slightly jealous because I want a copy of Far From You and Maybe One Day too.

    I'm looking forward to getting Don't Look Back by JLA and Finding Cinderella by Colleen Hoover :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Far From You was amazing, I definitely recommend. I can't wait to get to Don't Look Back, it looks so good.

      Delete
  31. I still need to read Ruby Red, it's calling out my name! Enjoy your new books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Maybe One Day is such an amazing story! I hope you like it

    OUT's STS

    Leydy from OUAT & RCE

    ReplyDelete
  33. The Almost Girl and Ruby Red…loved both of those books! And I can't wait to read Don't Look Back, I've heard great things and JLA is one of my favorite authors. Have fun reading! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to hear, am looking forward to both of those. Don't Look Back looks so good, was sad that one wouldn't download to Kindle :(

      Delete
  34. Awesome haul. I recently went to a book festival in my area as well. It was my first time ever going to any kind of bookish event. It was amazing and overwhelming all at once. I loved it! Happy reading and thank you for visiting my StS.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I really enjoyed Ruby Red and I need to complete the series soon:) Great haul and hope you have a great week ahead. Thanks for stopping by my STS earlier

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow, incredible haul this week! So many new and brilliant reads. The London Bookfair sounds amazing, I wish we had something similar here, books seem to be just getting more and more expensive, thrilled that you were able to pick up so many bargains, and huge release books too.
    Happy reading, with that stack, we might not see you again until 2016 :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely a lot of fun. I will probably be absent till about 2022 at the rate I am buying and receiving books ;)

      Delete
  37. That's a huge haul! Among those above, I've only read Ruby Red I though I wasn't a huge fan of it, I do hope you find redeeming qualities in it that I couldn't. Have an awesome week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Nice haul! Maybe One Day was a gorgeous book, even though it ruined me. I have Far From You and can't wait to get around to reading it... one of these days. :)

    Happy reading!

    Thanks for stopping by my StS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy to hear that, really looking forward to reading that one. :)

      Delete
  39. Eeeeep it was lovely to meet you!! :)
    Ruby Red is a book I REALLY want to read. It sounds fantastic and this is one hell of a hall. I hope you love all of these books!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  40. You have some great books! I can't wait to read Don't Look Back, Dead Girls Don't Lie and Maybe One Day! Enjoy your new reads :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Awesome haul! I want to read Diamond Sisters amd Maybe One Day. I didn't know what the UK cover for Maybe One Day looks like, so now I want to see it. ;) Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I should have included it.. but it's kind of hideous ;)

      Delete
  42. Very nice haul! I've read the entire Ruby Red trilogy. Hope you enjoy it and everything else you have.

    Thanks for stopping by StNC!

    ReplyDelete
  43. What a fab week for you! So many good books, and so many new titles to me.
    I really hope you enjoy them all!
    Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. I am SOOO jealous of Don't Look Back! I hope you enjoy it and I look forward to seeing your review of it! I love JLA. I hope you enjoy all of your books, you got a lot girl and they all sound great! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wouldn't download to Kindle :( so have to wait for the book release now :)

      Delete
  45. Great haul! I'm glad you had fun at the London Book Fair. I think the only book I have from your fabulous haul is Don't Look Back and I haven't read it yet.

    Thanks for stopping by and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  46. That is a huge haul. Nice! Glad you enjoyed LBF. :)

    ReplyDelete
  47. I am so excited to hear about the book fair! Great haul, so many amazing reads!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to find the time to write about it, it's a bit hard at the moment. :)

      Delete
  48. Several titles I haven't heard of... Adding to the TBR pile :)

    ReplyDelete
  49. Sounds like an awesome book fair! Hope you enjoy your haul =D I really like Brigid Kemmerer's books!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Skulk sounds good, I hope you enjoy and have great rest of weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Wow, great haul! I am definitely looking forward to Far From You! Hope you enjoy them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  52. You got a lot of good looking books this week! I'm glad you had fun at the London Book Fair. Good for you for pushing yourself a bit there. I'm shy so I know how hard it can be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun! Being shy sucks, but it feels good when you do something that pushes you outside of your comfort zone.

      Delete
  53. I haven't read any of those, although several are on my list. Awesome haul. Enjoy. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Awesome week for you! The london book fair must have been so cool! And I love your blog design ;) I'm a new follower

    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete
  55. Nice haul! That is exciting LBF! There aren't too many book festivals around me so super jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's like the only one here, and it's more of an industry event, but it was a lot of fun! :)

      Delete
  56. Ooo you got Don't Hold Back!! You just know anything by JLA has got to be amazing! Can't wait to read that one myself! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to read it, my copy won't download to Kindle though :(

      Delete
  57. Dead Girls Don't Lie sounds good. I have to add it to my TBR list. Thanks for stopping in today and enjoy all your new books!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  58. What a fun week! LBF sounds awesome! I've really enjoyed everything I've read from Strange Chemistry, so it's awesome that they gave you those books! :) And ooh Ruby Red! That is such a fun series! They're really fast reads, too.

    Have I told you I love your new header, graphics, and background color? I don't think so... I love them! Everything looks so pretty!! :D

    Have a great week!
    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun. I am excited to read my Strange Chemistry books. Thanks so much, glad you like it! :)

      Delete
  59. Awesome bunch of books! I haven't heard of some of them, but they sound good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  60. WOW! They all look fantastic, definitely adding some to my wishlist! Love your blog's colours, by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  61. Nice haul! The End of the World as We Know looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Great haul!! I haven't read any of these, but Don't Look Back is on my TBR list. I actually have a ton of Armentrout's books that I still need to read.

    I hope you enjoy all of your new books. Thanks for stopping by my STS :)

    ReplyDelete
  63. Ahh, sounds like you had fun (and yay to some free books) I've read Skulk and The Almost Girl, which weren't my favourite but I did enjoy them. I'm hoping to go to YALC, but really anxious about it, so have to sort a few things out, but ugh they have such a good line-up so far. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Free books are the best, wasn't expecting those at all. YALC looks so good, I am very excited to attend that! :)

      Delete
  64. Not seen that cover for Storm before. I enjoy that series and hope you do too. So many books! How do you manage to get the time to read everything?! I also loved Bird :) GLad to see you have a copy

    Kate @ Fictional Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am currently reading Storm, it jumps straight into the story and it has left me feeling a little confused.

      Delete
  65. That's fantastic that you had such an amazing time at LBF! Sure it sounds overwhelming but really fantastic!
    I'm going to have to fangirl. YAY! Storm! The Elemental series is one of my favourites. So much about is just perfect. I'll definitely watch for your thoughts to come. :)
    I can't wait to get my hands on Far From You. So many good things are being said.
    And JLA. The queen. I pre-ordered Don't Look Back. So now I just have to wait for it to land on my doorstep.
    Great haul!
    Happy reading!

    Brittany @ This is the Story of My(Reading) Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have started the Elemental series now, but I am a little confused. It jumps into the story so fast and I am a little confused about everything. Hopefully it will get easier as I go along.
      Far From You was amazing, definitely recommend. JLA is amazing, excited to read hers. Sadly the eARC wouldn't download to Kindle :'(

      Delete
  66. Amazing haul. I loved Far From You :-)

    ReplyDelete
  67. Fabulous stacks!! LBF sounds really great! I have some Strange Chemistry eARCs I need to read. I hope you enjoy all your books! Thanks for stopping by!

    Tressa @ Tressa's Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
  68. Wow, awesome week! I loved Blackwood, Don't Look Back, and Ruby Red. I'm reading Far From You right now, and it is pretty good as well. Thanks for stopping by my STS post earlier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Far From You, hope you enjoy it too. Excited to get to most of these myself :)

      Delete
  69. What an amazing haul!!! I can't wait to read Don't Look Back and Diamond Girls! Deeper looks great too! Have a great week reading all of your goodies :)

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  70. What a beautiful stack of books you got this week! I have the Ruby Red trilogy, but I haven't started reading them yet. I've heard good things about them, so I hope to start them soon. Have fun reading all your new books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am excited to read those as well, it looks like a good series. :)

      Delete
  71. Dang, you got a lot of books! Far From You sounds like it could be good. I'll be on the lookout for your review of Ruby Red. I've yet to read it, but I will get to it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  72. lots of great books! I enjoyed the secret diamond sisters. I hope you love it and all of your books

    Happy reading!

    My Weekly Wrap up Post

    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete
  73. WOW You got a lot of great books! I've been dying to read Blackwood and The Almost Girl. and Far From you looks really good. :D I hope you enjoy them all and thanks for stopping by my STS!

    ReplyDelete
  74. Great haul! Skulk, Three are on my shelf to read. Ruby Red looks interesting. Happy Reading!
    Here are my newest additions.

    ReplyDelete
  75. Such great books you have on your haul! Can't wait for Don't Look Back :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, it always makes my day! Because of time restraints, this is now an award free zone but thanks so much for considering me! Feel free to leave a link to your own blog and I will come visit.