Image Map

My Weekly Recap: The GIANT Haul Edition


I had told myself that I was going to try my hardest to get back on top of things blog wise. I have kind of failed as of late.  (And by kind of failed, I mean epically failed!) But my job is taking up all my time and by the time I get home I just have 0 energy to do anything!

A lot of awesome things have happened since my last recap post. I got to attend the Hot Key Blogger Brunch and had a wonderful time. I came home with so many amazing books that I am slowly making my way through. I also went to the filming of QI. I got to be in the same room as Stephen Fry! It was incredible and I really hope to get the chance to go again very soon.

But the most awesome thing that happened was that I got to go and meet Sarah J Maas. I fangirled like an absolute crazy person but I couldn't help myself. I adore her and her books! They are next to HP for me and she's next to J.K. Rowling. Thanks to my sister and some wonderful people in the queue I actually managed to get all 10 of my books signed!!! I looked crazy next to everyone else. I literally had to bring a suitcase with me to carry my hardback and paperback copies to the event. Maas was absolutely hilarious and so friendly. I'm still fangirling right now.

Not blogging has helped me with my reading though, I've gone from being about 8 books behind on my challenge to being 11 books ahead. I just haven't stopped reading and I have read some awesome books. I've also read more New Adult thanks to some recommendations by Brittany, and I adored them.

My new job as a manager means more pay, which meant that I went a little bit crazy when I got my first pay check. I BOUGHT ALL THE BOOKS!!! And then I bought new bookshelves. And new shoes. And went out a lot. And just spent obscene amounts of money on far too many things. I WILL BE BETTER NEXT MONTH! I bought enough books to last me till the end of the year and then got all the review books in one go. I'm going to be SUPER busy reading wise.




 This isn't all of them, but I can't be bothered to hunt all the books down now to take a picture of them all. 

Get ready.... there's 85 books!


 

 

A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas
The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J Maas
Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas
Crown of Midnight by Sarah J Maas
Heir of Fire by Sarah J Maas
Bad Romeo by Leisa Rayven
Broken Juliet by Leisa Rayven
Black Iris by Leah Raeder
The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West
The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord
The Winner's Crime by Marie Rutkoski
 The Art of Wishing by Lindsay Ribar
 All I Know Now by Carrie Hope Fletcher
 Unremembered by Jessica Brody
Unchanged by Jessica Brody
The Rain by Virginia Bergin
As White as Snow by Salla Simukka
The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater
Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige
It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini
Shut Out by Kody Keplinger
Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson


I already owned all the Sarah J. Maas paperbacks, but I wanted the hardbacks because they are gorgeous and also because I knew I was going to meet Sarah J, Maas. These are all now SIGNED!!!!!!! AHHHHHH! I'm dying!

 
 




It's About Love by Steven Camden
The Perfectionists by Melissa de la Cruz
Outcaste by Ellen Renner
Tribute by Ellen Renner
Paperweight by Meg Haston
A World Between Us by Lydia Syson
That Burning Summer by Lydia Syson
Liberty's Fire by Lydia Syson
Birdy x2 by Jess Vallance
The Beautiful and the Cursed by Page Morgan
Leopold Blue by Rosie Rowell
& Almost Grace by Rosie Rowell
Heap House by Edward Carey
Clariel by Garth Nix
The Beloved by Alison Rattle
Lorali by Laura Dockrill
Being a Girl by Hayley Long,
  Sophie Someone by Hayley Long,
The Big Lie by Julie Mayhew &
Red Ink by Julie Mayhew
Beasts of Olympus 1 & 2 by Lucy Coats
The Scandalous Sisterhood of Prickwillow Place by Julie Berry
  Land by Alex Campbell
How to Be Bad by E. Lockhart, Lauren Myracle and Sarah Mlynowski
Trouble is a Friend of Mine by Stephanie Tromly



A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas
Poppy by Mary Hooper
Poppy in the Field by Mary Hooper
Bomber by Paul Dowsell
Holes by Louis Sachar




 
 
 

Wild and Free by Wendy Holden,
  My Grandmother Sends Her Regards and Apologies by Fredrik Backman
The Improbable Theory of Ana and Zak by Brian Katcher
Conspiracy of Blood and Smoke by Anne Blankman
Deep Blue Eternity by Natasha Boyd x2
Challenger Deep by Neal Shusterman
How I Lost You by Jenny Blackhurst
ntil We Meet Again by Renee Collins
  A Whole New World by Liz Braswell
The Invasion of the Tearling by Erika Johansen
Those Girls by Lauren Saft
What You Left Behind by Jessica Verdi
Stand Off by Andrew Smith
Underneath Everything by Marcy Beller Paul
Very in Pieces by Megan Frazer Blakemore
A Madness so Discreet by Mindy McGinnis
A Step Toward Falling by Cammie McGovern
Ice Like Fire by Sara Raasch
The Immortal Heights by Sherry Thomas
Anne and Henry by Dawn Ius
Dangerous Lies by Becca Fitzpatrick
Come Back to Me by Mila Gray
The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness
One by Sarah Crossan
Until Friday Night by Abbi Glines
The Many Lives of John Stone by Linda Buckley-Archer
Cut Both Way by Carrie Mesrobian
What We Saw by Aaron Hartzler
Walk on Earth a Stranger by Rae Carson
Hello. Goodbye and Everything in Between by Jennifer E Smith
Hotel Ruby by Suzanne Young

Yup. This is far too many and I am going to literally drown under them all. I now have three copies of Challenger Deep, they just kept sending them to me! I will definitely need to get to that as soon as possible. I have no idea what to read next!!!! 


67 comments:

  1. WHOA!!! EPIC HAUL!!! I'm glad you're getting a chance to catch up on your reading. I'm 7 books ahead on my Goodreads challenge, but I feel like I'm about to slip because I'm getting backed up. I've just been so busy lately! I hope your job is going well! Enjoy your huge pile of new books!!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My StS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I have no idea how I am ever going to get through them all but I have definitely enjoyed reading them all.

      Delete
  2. YAY Charnell! That's a beautiful and big haul :) I hope you'll be able to read all of these lovelies before too long, and that they'll all be amazing.
    Have a wonderful weekend and happy reading.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I really hope I can get through them all as soon as I can.

      Delete
  3. Whoaahh! :P Ehh standouts are ACOTAR of course, it's amazing, and The Rest of Us Just Live Here, which is also amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the books indeed! But they all sound awesome so I hope you enjoy all (or hopefully most) of them! AHHH I would've died if I met SJMaas. She is Queen! And I would've had to bring a suitcase for her signing too. I have multiple editions lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maas needs to come to Toronto. Or somewhere I can feasibly drive to. I'm jealous of you. I also have the hardcovers and UK paperbacks of her books because why wouldn't I?
    I would spend all the money too. Actually I spend all my money. My bank account hates my life.
    You have soooo many great books! And yes, you definitely need to read Challenger Deep. It is phenomenal. I think you read my review, and yes, it's a tough book. But definitely worth it. Shusterman does a fantastic job.
    Okay, I could recommend you NA books for life. But I'll creep on your Goodreads and recommend ones you haven't read that I love.
    -Jay Crownover's Marked Men series; starts with Rule
    -Cora Carmack, light and fun, I like her Rusk University series a little more.
    -Samantha Young, gets steamy but sooo good; starts with On Dublin Street
    - Nicole Williams's Lost & Found series goes under the radar, love it!
    -The Sea of Tranquility is beautiful; I need to re-read it ASAP.
    -Easy by Tammara Webber was one of the first NA I read and I still think it's one the best.
    -I just binged the Addicted series by Becca and Krista Ritchie. Brilliant!
    I've got a billion more, but I hope that helps feed your NA addiction. Lol! :D
    Happy reading!
    Brittany @ This is the Story of My(Reading) Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you'd met her before and got them signed?!? Oh, she definitely needs to come to yours!!!

      TAHNKS FOR THE RECOMMENDATIONS! I will buy the crap out of them when I get the money.

      Delete
  6. Great haul of books. You got so many books. Sarah J. Maas is so nice. She's a sweetheart. I hope you love all your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG WOW!? And are those your bookshelves? I am so jealous! :P I loved ACOTAR and its so awesome that you got to meet Sarah J. Mass. :) I hope you enjoy all your books!

    Check out my Weekly Wrap Up here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, those are my newly organised bookshelves and I love them!

      Delete
  8. wow I'm impressed, a lot of great books for you! I'm jealous. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Now just need to find the time to get to them.

      Delete
  9. Hi - That's quite a book haul! I assume you're reading now. :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straighforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH MY that is so many books! I hope you enjoy the reading! I haven't been too good when it comes to book buying either. I'm always considering a ban but then again, I don't think I am going to be dedicated enough to stick to it xD

    Dorothy Must Die, ACOTAR and It's Kind of a Funny Story are ones I am interested in trying myself. Paperweight is one I have and can't wait to break into. As for Holes - that and it's sequel (although the sequel is completely different but still as fabulous as book one) - I love it and I hope you do too if you haven't read it yet. The characters are great and the movie is pretty good as well ^.^ A Madness So Discreet, Ice Like Fire, The Immortal Heights, Dangerous Lies and Walk the Earth a stranger <3 Books I have also received recently and cant wait to try! I am curious to hear what you think ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, it will take me forever to get through them all.

      Delete
  11. WOW! Amazing haul! Glad to hear you met Sarah! I met her when she toured to my city earlier this month! It's always great to hear that authors will sign all 10 copies or more of their books for you when they go overseas! That's just awesome!

    And wow...still looking at all these awesome reads! Cannot wait for Ice Like Fire myself! Happy Reading!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is so wonderful and I LOVED getting to meet her, she was just so funny and friendly.

      Delete
  12. Woah this is an amazing haul! I've been wanting to check out Bad Romeo and Broken Juliet for a while now. They seem like amazing reads. What You Left Behind sounds great too. I read Those Girls last week and enjoyed it, though I've read lots of negative reviews on it. Hopefully you're on the positive side too! Happy reading. :D
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed both of those, they were really great.

      Delete
  13. Woah, this is a really massive haul Charnell, I just don't know where to start! Firstly, how super exciting you got to meet Sarah J. Maas! Lovely photo, it sounds like she was really lovely in person too. I bet she was flattered that you had so many books!

    Your shelves look so pretty! I love how it looks like you have your own library, it's sooo pretty. We all work so hard, it's definitely worth indulging every once in a while! Glad to hear your new job is going well.

    Hope you enjoy your reads hun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I have no idea how long it's going to take me to get through them all!!!!

      Delete
  14. I so would have been fangirling right there with you! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I couldn't stop myself, that woman is amazing.

      Delete
  15. You got to meet Sarah J Maas XD :O :D SO JEALOUS!!! I would be fingerling too. The Throne of Glass Series is A-MAZING!! I still haven't gotten a chance to read A Court of Thrones and Roses XD

    NICE HAUL, HAPPY READING XD

    Maura @ Monsterofbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. BUT DUDE YOUR BOOKSHELVES ARE JUST BEAUTIFUL. :') And sooo many books, omg. I think I would die being overwhelmed. But seriously, you have a full on library. hehe. My ultimate dream right there. ;-) OHhh and Challenger Deep is FANTASTIC. I basically needed to cry. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW RIGHT!!!! I love them, it's like having my very own library.

      Delete
  17. Wowww, what a haul. I'm going to Sarah J. Maas' signing in Cardiff tomorrow, with my sister!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Whoat, what a haul!! And the quality of these books is just amazing, lucky you :) Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow. That's a lot of books!
    Love your bookshelves!
    I read All I Know Now and enjoyed it. Hopefully you do too :)

    Jess @A Book Addict's Bookshelves

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is a seriously epic haul you have! I'm half jealous half scared for you! If I had that many review books waiting for me I think I'd be in a right panic! Good luck with your reading and thanks for visiting my haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am scared for myself.... HOW WILL I EVER READ THEM ALL!!!

      Delete
  21. Such amazing books, wowzer! No seriously, enjoy them all hun!<3

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my GOODNESS! That is without question the most epic haul I've ever seen! And your bookcases- they are GLORIOUS. Seriously, I want to move in with you just so I can look at them!! The beauty... my eyes cannot handle it. And I am SO glad that you got to meet Sarah J Maas! It must be so amazing to meet an author that you adore so much!

    And I want to read every single book that you've gotten in your haul. Obviously. ;) Hope you do enjoy them (or most of them, because all 85 is unrealistic hahah) and I hope you have a fabulous week!

    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you! Although I have acquired books far too quickly and now must mess up the beautiful neatness in order to fit more on.

      Delete
  23. More money obviously means more books :D Look at those pretty shelves! 85 books, I'm just scrolling through it in awe. So many awesome books happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, but how will I ever get to them all! HOW!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  24. wow! I would have fangirled if I met my favorite authors too...then I'd ask them a million and one questions. That's a ton of books...so awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, how could I ever stop myself from fangirling like a crazy person!

      Delete
  25. Wow, AWESOME haul! I can't wait to read Bad Romeo, I hear it's great. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Holy s**t!! There are a lot of my wish list books here that I hope to get soon. I hope you enjoy these. And I totally agree that less blogging equals more reading. I've been reading way more books than the reviews I'm popping out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have so many reviews to write... it's terrible. I really should hurry up and write some already.

      Delete
  27. Wowzers that is one mighty haul! If I had to recommend one to start with I'd say The Rain by Virginia Bergin (so so good). I haven't actually read any Sarah J Maas so I feel like I'm missing out big time. Best get to it hasn't I!? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow! Now that is a haul in the true sense of the word! I hope you enjoy them all. :-) Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow now this is a haul!! I don't even know where to start! Will have to check out some of those books on goodreads, the covers speak to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Looks like a week well spent! I don't even know what to comment on lol. I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow, what a fantastic haul! And how amazing to meet Sarah J. Maas! I'm going to read ACOTAR soon and I still need to read Heir of Fire! But I do love her writing! And I'm with you on the being behind thing. There's just so much to do and not enough time! I hope you're able to catch up soon, and thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  32. So many awesome books! And such a FABULOUS week! I hope you get to read all your books! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, me too. I am sure I will... eventually... when I am 80!

      Delete
  33. Wow hun, you got loads of books!! Yay, I'm so happy you've finally met SJM!! Isn't she the coolest??

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
  34. OMG girl!! So many amazing books! I'm so jealous! So many pretties *insert emoji with hearts for eyes*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, it always makes my day! Because of time restraints, this is now an award free zone but thanks so much for considering me! Feel free to leave a link to your own blog and I will come visit.